foran_object

Sunday, November 12, 2006

 
Yesterday, I went for a walk again in the forest. Same area as last time. I figure I covered ~15 KM.

Today I made the journey into Stuttgart. Being Sunday, almost everything was closed, so I just walked around and took some pictures.

Some of the galleries and museums were open, although I only had about enough energy for one. The gallery I picked was very close to the Subway station, and had a very cool architecture. It was basically a 5 story glass cube. Most of the art consisted f paitings, but a bit of scupture and other stuff as well. A few of the paintings were very provoking and morbid, to the point that I was pretty shocked. For example, one of the art displays had a chair hanging from the ceiling, with long sharp spikes protruding through the back, and blood spatter on the wall. Some of the paintings by Otto Dix intruiged me. They were quite strange, bending deep, dark and strange with comedy and parody. I did some research on him when I got back to the hotel. His life history explained his work.








Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007   October 2007   January 2008   January 2009   February 2009   March 2009  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?