foran_object

Monday, October 30, 2006

 

I spent several days fighting and escaping. They were zombies or some other such menace. Deeply evil creatures of pure death that wanted to rip my face off. I was lonely; most of the new world had become inhabited by them. But there were still human people out there. Good strong people. Together we fought them, right to the bitter end, almost to the end of humanity. Still though, I chose to spend much of my time alone. Being with too many others increased the risk. If we were all caught, it might very well mean the end of all humanity. Also, we were easier to find and eliminate this way. As a group, we drew attention. At least that was my belief. There was disagreement among us.

When it got bad, really bad, we, the resistance decided to launch bitter attacks on them. Suicide attacks. Mother earth had become such a place that life was no longer worth living for us. If we were successful, at least there would be a good chance for the people who had taken to the mountains and to the forest, in hiding. A careful plan was created, and we were emotional, as anyone would be. On the morning of the planned day, I headed to the designated meeting place. It had been raided. My feeling was of despair. I was so mad and hopeless I rushed to the evil headquarters. Without a plan, my fierce rage, like a battering ram infiltrated their building. My body taking terrible injury I fought on. Surprised and fueled by my success I wreaked utter havoc on their kind. They had no expectation of my arrival, and as a single man, I slipped through their weak defenses. My mind racing, I chose once to evade rather fight. I hid and slipped through quietly. They made the age old mistake of thinking they had won, and that their shear numbers meant victory was in hand. My weeks of build up pain and anger led to insane fury.

Battered and broken I reached the inner sanctum, and the top of the tower. I burst in through the opening to their meeting place--the sacred place of their leaders. I challenged them, but they stood unflinching towards my vicious fury. I hated them, but I hesitated, and began to fear them. It was obvious this was the elite of them, the best. I had no chance. Absolutely no chance, probably not even to harm a single one of my most hated evils. I was done, drained of the momentum that had taken me this already incredible distance. Days without sleep, and lacking nutritious food, my weak body began to fail. It could fight no longer.

I took stock of the situation, knowing that this was the end, and that I had done well. With my one life I had struck down incredible numbers of them. The only tragedy was that no human would know my success. No one would know that they could be defeated, here at their fortress--their ultimate inner home.

Guessing that I would be captured, likely tortured and experimented on in terrible ways, I ran, and with last of my strength, dove for the tall window opening. Breaking through the heavy glass, not even looking at what was beyond I began to fall. Free falling downward, my last thoughts were of thinking that this is what it felt like to fly. Then I landed. It was too early. Shocked, I realized I had hit something. A metal outcropping from the building caught my fall. The sheet metal, failing under my inertia, let go, and dropped me in towards the building. There I lay, my body broken and bleeding. I had just a few moments of cognizance before I blacked out. I don’t even remember my thoughts. Maybe wondering, “Would I die here?”



I awoke to the crashing sound and shuddering on the entire building. At first I was unable to move. I was sure my arm was badly broken, and congealed blood adhered my sticky clothes and skin to the metal and brick surrounding me. Suddenly, I realized that the evil building was taking damage. My brothers in arms had not been taken in the dawn of this morning as the raided meeting place had me to think. In fact they were alive and they were here and obviously having success. After my own attack had weakened them, and thrown them off, maybe our people could have a chance. I managed to sit up, and I could see them, hundreds of humans not 200 feet away taking the building by storm. At that point I knew today would not be the end of the human race. Tears began to emerge on my face, and I drifted off, off into the blackness.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007   October 2007   January 2008   January 2009   February 2009   March 2009  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?