foran_object

Saturday, August 12, 2006

 

Thursday August 12, 2006

As I write this, I’m sitting in a rusty old chair, tucked away under an escalator in an around the corner away of the underground walkway that connects Concourse B and C in a terminal at Chicago O’Hare airport. Apparently, there has been an attempted terrorist attack on planes at London Heathrow. My plane to Ottawa is massively delayed and every time I check departures, it gets worse. Even though I left California first thing this morning, I’ll be lucky to get home by tomorrow morning.


The Transportation Security Agency (I think) has put the airport on orange alert. I don’t know what this means exactly. What I do know however is that there are signs and continuous announcements indicating that people cannot bring liquids, gels, pastes, or anything or that sort on planes. There are some exceptions, insulin being one of them. The ridiculous thing about this is, they are not checking for these things before you get on the plane. There’s nothing stopping people. This isn’t security, it’s a plan to inconvenience and hassle the honest.


I was pretty much ready to go postal an hour ago, but now that I’m tucked away in the corner, away from the crowds, I’m starting to calm down.


Comments:
Ok Foran.. First things first. Airport is on Ernie alert(ref to Barry’s blog) looking for terrorists and you thinks it’s a grand idea to tuck yourself into a stair well with you long girly hair and your shift eyes as you freak out do to the hoards of people. No wonder the plane gets delayed till 2:30 in the morning. You’re lucky I’m a good wife!
 
Update your blog, ya lazy bastid! I need a fix!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007   October 2007   January 2008   January 2009   February 2009   March 2009  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?