foran_object

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

 
Banana Bread:

My wife has requested that the following recipe be posted. Almost everybody I know who has a blog has been posting recipes, and I think she feels that foran_object is culinary inadequate. I can offer, however, that I enjoyed several pieces before it even left the cooling rack.

Monkey Mel's Gâteau garni au chocolat et aux bananes 350 F for 45- 50 min

1 cup softened butter/tasse de beurre ramoli
2 cups granulated sugar/tasses du sucre granulé
2 beaten eggs/ oeufs battus
1 tsp vanilla extract/c.thé de vanille
2 1/2 cups ripened mashed bananas( approx 5)/de bannanes mûres (environ 5 bananes) 3cups flour/ tasses farine 2tsp baking soda/cà thè de bicarbonate de sodium 2tsp baking powder/cà thé pardre à pâte 1cup sour cream/tasse créme sûre

Place half the batter in the greased pan and then place half of the following ingredients over the batter. Place the remaining chips, brown sugar and cinnamon over the top of the banana bread.

1/2 c brown sugar/cassonard bein tassé
1 pkg chocolate chips paquet de 300gr. chocalat un-sucré Baker's
1 tsp cinnamon/cà thé cannelle

* I lowered the sugar to 1 and a half cups and substituted 1 cup of whole wheat flour. Next time I'll take it down to 1 cup sugar and 1 1/2c whole wheat flour.

Comments:
As long as I am blogging, you will never be "culinary inadequate". I proudly stake out my claim to the trailing edge of the haute cuisine bell curve.
 
Meh, it's all good buddy. Each of us has our own blogging style.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007   October 2007   January 2008   January 2009   February 2009   March 2009  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?